Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
|Motto||To inspire futures with compassion, integrity and excellence|
|Type||Jesuit Business school|
|Affiliation||XIM University, Bhubaneswar|
|Director||Fr. Antony R Uvary, S.J.|
|Campus||Urban, 20 acres (8.1 ha)|
Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) is a premier Business School located in Bhubaneswar, the capital of the eastern Indian state of Odisha featuring regularly among the top 25 bschools in India. Established in the year 1987, XIMB is governed by the Government of India, the Government of Odisha, and the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). The school was founded under what the parties called a 'social contract' between the Government of Odisha and the Jesuits in Odisha, with Fr. Romuald D'Souza SJ being its founder-director. The institute is known to carry out research and development activities regularly in collaboration with government departments in the state. It is also the Centre of Excellence in Fiscal Policy and Taxation (CEFT) set up by the state government. With the establishment of XIM University , XIMB has become a constituent school under the university focusing exclusively on business management programmes. For admission into the MBA & EMBA programmes of the institution aspirants need to appear for CAT (conducted by IIMs), XAT (conducted by XLRI), GMAT (Conducted by GMAC) and XGMT (Conducted by XIM university). And, for the PhD programme in Business Management the standard admission procedure set by XIM University is followed by the institution.
The academic programmes offered by XIM university follow the global model for management education. XIMB confers MBA and PhD degrees through XIM University . Currently, XIMB offers MBA programmes in Business Management and Global Management, Executive MBA in Business Management and Business Analytics, and PhD programmes through XIM university. The PGDM programmes in Rural Management and Human Resource Management, previously offered by XIMB are now housed under two different schools of XIM University named as School of Rural Management (SRM) and School of Human Resource Management (SHRM).
XIMB was ranked 6th among top 100 private B-schools in the Education World Private B-schools ranking 2020-21 and 1st in the state of Orissa.
XIMB engages in the international exchange of faculty and students with the following institutions:
- University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB), Cape Town, Republic of South Africa
- Skarbek Graduate School of Business Economics, Warsaw, Poland
- KEDGE Business School, Bordeaux and Marseille, France
- Reims Management School, Reims, France
- Antwerp Management School, Antwerpen, Belgium
- Fordham University, New York, U.S.
- Sellinger School of Business and Management, Loyola College of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
- Facultad de Economia – IQS, Barcelona, Spain
- Kyiv Investment Management Institute, Ukraine
- College of Management Law & Languages, Siauliai, Lithuania
- HHL-Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Leipzig, Germany
- IÉSEG School of Management, Lille – Paris, France
- Eastern Michigan University, Michigan, U.S.
- Warsaw School of Economics, Warsaw, Poland
A Team of PGDM second-year students from XIMB reached 4th place in the Rubicon International Business Case contest held in 2006 in Iserlohn, Germany. The team was the sole Asian finalist.
Research centres at XIMB include:
- CII (Confederation of Indian Industry) – XIMB Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Development Research and Training
- Centre for Case Research
- Centre for EntrepreneurshiP
- Centre for Development of Small and Micro EnterpriseS
- Team Orissa Project Advisory Centre (TOPAX) 
- Centre for Resettlement and Rehabilitation and Corporate Social Responsibility
XIMB under XIM university publishes five journals: Vilakshan, Journal of Research Practice (JRP), Research World, and International.
XIMB along with SHRM and SRM which are collectively known as Faculty of Management at XIM University have been granted the South Asian Quality Assurance Systems (SAQS) accreditation by the Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA) and the NBA Accreditation by the National Board of Accreditation.
- Academic Block: XIMB has four administrative and academic buildings. The new academic block has a board room, conference room, and examination hall; all classrooms are air-conditioned and equipped with audio-video systems, overhead projectors, computers, and wireless hotspots. The auditorium seats 850 and is a venue for conventions and high-level forums.
- Library: The three-storied library has a collection of printed and electronic resources which includes books, journals, working papers, audiovisual resources, dissertations, annual reports of corporate houses, volumes of periodicals, and international online databases on management development studies and related topics.
- Residence: Students are required to reside on campus, in separate residences for men and women, with Wi-Fi throughout. The Studio apartment building has 113 furnished apartments for students, faculty, and visiting professionals. Some of the other apartment buildings (for men) are Cenderet, GR-I, and GR-II. For women, there are two residence buildings namely RMH and MTR.
- Sports: There are two floodlit tennis courts and a basketball court, indoor badminton court, volleyball court, jogging track, and facilities for indoor sports for students and faculty. The institute also has a multipurpose gymnasium open 24/7.
- Extension of campus: XIMB has started its first extension campus near Sundarpada jatani road in the outskirts of Bhubaneswar named as XIM University where its existing programmes in Business Management, Rural Management & Human Resource Management are now delivered along with multiple new industry-oriented programmes. The XIM campus near Sundarpada, is a state of the art, digital campus spread over 35 acres of land. XIM University has started a number of next-generation courses at both undergraduate and post-graduate levels in areas such as Economics, sustainability, Public Policy, Urban Studies, Computer Sciences etc.
- Virtual classroom: XIMB's virtual classroom program reaches 100 cities.
There are a number of student committees for the Institute and for student life. The Student Executive Council (SEC) is made up of students; it handles and controls all student activities and various committees.
XIMB has four core committees:
Apart from this, there a number of functional committees:
There are also a number of Interest committees, which include:
- SpeakUp: The Oratory Club
- XQuizzite: The Quizzing Society
- Spicmacay: Society for Promotion of Indian Classical Music and Culture Among Youth
- XPRESSIONS Steering Committee: The annual inter-B-school meet team
- SRC: Social Responsibility Cell, XIMB
- XStage: The Cultural Club, XIMB
- SportsCom: The Sports Committee of XIMB
- XSEED: The Entrepreneurship Development Cell, XIMB
- X-Lens: The Photography Committee of XIMB
Business and cultural events include "Xpressions", an annual business strategy games festival organised by the students of XIMB. Xpressions 2011 included appearances from Lucky Ali, Jagjit Singh, Euphoria, and Jal.
"Celeblitz" is a celebrity night.
- Business Conclave
This three-day interactive session organised by X–Fin (the Finance Club), MAXIM (The Marketing Association), XIMAHR (The HR Association of XIMB), IlluminatiX (The Media & PR Cell), RMAX (The Rural Management Association) and XOps (the Operations Team) draws on experts from throughout India to share their views, experiences, and ideas with the students. It works towards increasing the awareness, interest, and practical knowledge of the students. Business Excellence Summit is also a flagship event held annually at XIMB since its inception in 2017. It's a three-day extravaganza which witnesses a legion of pivotal business leaders sharing insights and enlightening management students.
- D'Souza, Rinald (1 November 2019). "Adeus Romuald. There is still so much more to do". Historia Domus. Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- "Postmen to be trained as business correspondents". Sify. Archived from the original on 2 July 2016. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- Economic Times on global nexus. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- "Experience must for new entrepreneurs, says Mariwala". Sify. Archived from the original on 1 July 2016. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Registration for academic programmes".
- "Academic programmes at XIMB and XUB".
- "International Exchange at XIMB".
- "XIMB to roll out Global Management Programme from Sept". Sify. Archived from the original on 2 July 2016. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Rubicon Winners in Iserlohn, Germany". 10 January 2007.
- "Research centres at XIMB".
- "CII, XIMB to set up R&D centre". The Economic Times. 9 December 2004. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "IPICOL, XIMB to set up Project Advisory Centre". 7 July 2008.
- "XIM-B rolls out programme on R&R and CSR". Sify. Archived from the original on 2 July 2016. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- 5 journals. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- "Quality Badge for XIMB". The Times Of India. 30 July 2008.
- "XIMB Gets SAQS Accredition". 30 July 2008. Archived from the original on 5 July 2009.
- "NBA Accreditation for XIMB". 9 April 2009. Archived from the original on 17 April 2009.
- "The challenge of change". The Economic Times. 31 August 2003. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "XIMB-Unicef meet on Environment Sustainability". Sify. Archived from the original on 1 July 2016. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "XIM-B to set up new campuses". Sify. Archived from the original on 1 July 2016. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "XIMB to open university, partially bypass AICTE". 28 April 2007.
- "XIMB goes virtual, spreads net wide". The Economic Times. 8 May 2005. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Students - XIMB".
- Economic Times on committees. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- "The element of compassion". 29 May 2012.
- "SpeakUp FB page".
- Business Standard via SIFY on XPRESSIONS. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- "XIMB's biggest event Xpressions kicks off". 2 November 2007.
- "XIMB hosts business conclave".
- "XIMAHR organizes HR Summit".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar.|