|Comune di Angolo Terme|
|Frazioni||Anfurro, Mazzunno, Terzano|
|• Mayor||Alessandro Morandini|
|• Total||30.56 km2 (11.80 sq mi)|
|Elevation||426 m (1,398 ft)|
(30 April 2017)
|• Density||78/km2 (200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Angolo was a mining center known since the 4th century BC. After the 12th century AD its history was closely linked to that of the Federici family. In 1335 Luchino Visconti granted them a privilege to extract iron in the area. In 1403 Caterina Visconti gave the family the possessions of the Antonioli of Grevo in exchange for the support offered her.
In 1846 the town of Angolo, placed administratively in the province of Bergamo, demanded to be included in the province of Brescia.
In 1923 several houses suffer damage from the failure of the Gleno Dam (Italy), with 46 deaths among the inhabitants.
- Parish Church of San Lorenzo, of ancient origin, rebuilt in 1694 and enlarged in 1757. The side portals are in "Simona stone". The fifteen panels of the entrance door depict episodes of Christ's Life.
- Church of Saint Elizabeth (or of the Visitation), situated along the road that leads into the Val di Scalve. It was built between the 15th and 16th century.
- Hermitage of Saint Sylvester: built in the early 16th century.
- Former Albrici - Federici palace, with a 16th-century portal in "Sarnico stone".
The scütüm are in camunian dialect nicknames, sometimes personal, elsewhere showing the characteristic features of a community. The one which characterize the people of Angolo Terme is Treàangoi.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- ISTAT Archived March 3, 2016, at the Wayback Machine
- Panazza, Gaetano; Araldo Bertolini (1984). Arte in Val Camonica - vol 2 (in Italian). Brescia: Industrie grafiche bresciane.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Angolo Terme.|