Talk:Shasta (soft drink)
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This article was nominated for deletion on 4 December 2004 (UTC). The result of the discussion was keep.|
IS THIS STUFF AVAILABLE IN THE CHICAGO AREA?
- They seem to be primarily distributed in the Western states still. I dont have references to show that, though. NatBev may distribute Faygo in the Chicago area, not Shasta.Mercurywoodrose (talk) 03:41, 30 July 2011 (UTC)
todo: link in this image: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Shasta-ca-orange-soda.jpg Elijah 02:08, 2004 Dec 9 (UTC)
- Done --Elijah 23:00, 2004 Dec 9 (UTC)
- What on earth is a Hispanic flavour? Cls14 14:35, 22 December 2006 (UTC)
Not everything does the Dew
Compare the note here about the "Moon Mist" flavor with the note about MM on the Faygo page. If they are in fact alternate brands of the same flavor, the notes should not contradict one another. Tell Captain Caps-Lock that Chicago is probably part of the Faygo distribution area rather than Shasta. Asat 05:19, 7 February 2007 (UTC)
- No evidence that Shasta ever made Moon Mist. thats Faygo's product.184.108.40.206 (talk) 06:48, 30 July 2011 (UTC)
- Shasta's Moon Mist http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--nmk-_HnXME/Tsfmr0j4PKI/AAAAAAAAA3A/N3SMdG5SSss/s1600/2011+11-20+Moon+Mist.jpg Bizzybody (talk) 09:22, 5 June 2015 (UTC)
Sometime near the beginning of 2007, the diet shasta cola flavour seemed to undergo a change to a slightly more citrus flavour. This is in direct contrast to competitors like coca-cola which build upon its unchanging flavour. Has anyone else noticed the occasional flavour tweaking with other shasta beverages? If there is some way the flavour changes can be documented, perhaps it should be mentioned that rather than release a drink with a new name, the company just tweaks the flavour in the existing product line.
- Can't find any evidence for this. They do add sucralose to their sugary drinks, and this change (dont know when it happened) might have affected the flavor.Mercurywoodrose (talk) 00:35, 1 August 2011 (UTC)
Peanut butter confirmation?
I noticed there was a "peanutbutter zingo" flavor listed, yet I can find no mention of it anywhere on Google aside from other wiki sites. Can someone confirm that it existed at one time? 220.127.116.11 14:56, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
- It probably did exist, but all refs right now are unreliable, and im not going to add more unreferenced old flavors.Mercurywoodrose (talk) 23:34, 31 July 2011 (UTC)
The famed Jeff Salyers?
Shasta was also the soft drink that famed Australian TV host Jeff Salyers used to spray on himself at the end of every broadcast. I'm sorry, who? This was the only incidence of this name on Wikipedia, which in turn is the only hit on Google. And we don't have Shasta in Australia. MartinSFSA (talk)
- And thats how we roll: this fictoid now removed by a diligent wikignome.Mercurywoodrose (talk) 03:51, 30 July 2011 (UTC)
Grabbed the following text file from their website, which is their current flavor list as of 07/2011: Apple Black Cherry Cherry Cola Club Soda Cola Creme Soda Diet Black Cherry Diet Cola Diet Creme Soda Diet Dr. Shasta Diet Ginger Ale Diet Grape Diet Grapefruit Diet Orange Diet Root Beer Diet Strawberry Dr. Shasta Ginger Ale Grape Grapefruit Zazz Kiwi Strawberry Mountain Rush Orange Pineapple Pineapple Orange Raspberry Creme Red Pop Root Beer Strawberry Tiki Punch Tonic Water
plus 3 new flavors: Fiesta Punch, California Dreamin', and a cherry flavor. i wont add them yet. the other flavors in the article should be put in "former" section i created.Mercurywoodrose (talk) 04:12, 30 July 2011 (UTC)
When did Shasta quit making Strawberry?
Some time ago Shasta quit making plain Strawberry soda. Hard to pin down when because for some reason stores wouldn't buy it, claiming it didn't sell well. Kind of hard to sell something you never have on the shelf! Bizzybody (talk) 09:26, 5 June 2015 (UTC)