According to the local population the Village is supposedly haunted by at least 4 ghosts. Including the appearance of the hanging body of a local person, that has been spotted by motorists driving out of the village at night, in one of the large trees on the roadside. Also the village's pub, the Dog and Gun, is supposedly haunted by the spirit of a dog who has been spotted by many pub-goers walking around the bar.
Walton was historically a hamlet in the ancient parish of Knaptoft, and was known as Walton in Knaptoft. It became a separate civil parish in 1866. The parish was abolished in 1898 and merged with Kimcote to form the civil parish of Kimcote and Walton (where the population is listed).
Media related to Walton, Leicestershire at Wikimedia Commons